Booking at SPACE
Think you'd be a good fit for the SPACE stage?
Please send all relevant song samples, history in the Evanston/Chicago market, and links to email@example.com with "Booking" in the subject line.
Please keep in mind that SPACE is a destination music venue, rather than a restaurant/bar with a scene of its own. It's important that your draw be strong enough in the area to put a significant dent in our 250 person capacity. Trust us, it's no fun playing to an empty room. We'll take a listen and try to get back to you as quickly as possible.
SPACE's internship program provides students and others interested in gaining experience in the music industry with a chance to dive in and become an integral part of our operation. This is not a secretarial position. In short, you will be helping us put on a show every night, working with the staff at SPACE to do whatever it takes to make that happen.
- College credit (if needed)
- Resume building, real-world experience
- Round-Table discussions with music industry professionals
- Exposure to new and exciting music
- Opportunites to meet the bands
- You will be an integral part of the SPACE team and contribute first-hand to history in the making.
We offer three internship programs a year. Jan-April, May-August, Sept-Dec. Applications are typically reviewed 6-8 weeks before the start of the term.
Individuals must be self-motivated, dependable, inquisitive, and passionate about live music. You will be expected to contribute on a regular basis and promote shows as assigned. Those seeking college credit as well as those with music industry/promotions experience are preferred but not required.
This is a perfect entryway into the music business, and an opportunity to gain experience in marketing, advertising, public relations, promotions, journalism, Internet marketing, small business management, hospitality, graphic design, sound engineering, booking and more. If interested, please complete an application here.
Want to get involved at SPACE but can't commit to an internship?
Join the SPACE Street Team!
We are always looking for motivated music lovers to join our Street Team and help spread the word about our upcoming shows. If you are enthusiastic about live music and want to get involved in the concert scene, this is your chance!
As a member of our Street Team, you will place posters and distribute postcards in high-traffic areas in and around Chicago. In return, you will become a part of SPACE’s inner circle, among the first to hear about upcoming shows at SPACE, and you may also qualify for free tickets, posters, merchandise, and more.
- Passing out/hanging up posters to promote upcoming shows at SPACE.
- Distributing postcards.
- Providing SPACE with feedback about audience response in your area, marketing techniques that worked, and your overall promotional experience.
- Announcing performances or on-sales via email (no spamming, please!), blogs, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Reliable transportation is needed to pick up and distribute promotional materials. This does necessarily mean a car, but you will need to be able to get to Evanston on a semi-regular basis.
- A digital camera or camera phone to email pictures of the materials you distribute at various locations in your area.
- Facebook and/or Twitter accounts and knowledge of those networks is preferred.
IN APPRECIATION FOR THEIR HELP, STREET TEAM MEMBERS CAN QUALIFY FOR
- Tickets to concerts at SPACE.
- Opportunities to purchase tickets before they go on sale to the public.
- Access to special promotional materials, including posters and recordings.
- SPACE merchandise.
- And More!
If you are interested in joining our Street Team, send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and the neighborhood where you live, as well as other areas where you might be able to distribute posters and flyers. We’d also love to know about your relationship with music- favorite bands, genres, venues, etc.